At Behavioral Health & Family Services (BHFS), the objectives of our alcohol and drug counseling services are to provide a forum for clients to discuss issues and receive support while coping with their day-to-day work, school, and life stressors. These objectives are accomplished through cognitive behavioral interventions, drug and alcohol education, family involvement, and caring therapists.
Our Team Of Multidisciplinary Specialist
Our addiction specialists will help patients resolve interpersonal conflicts, pain, stress, anxiety, and other emotional concerns that relate to chemical dependency. Group therapy sessions will focus on strategies for maintaining sobriety, avoiding relapse, and developing a supportive environment for recovery.
Symptoms of Drug or Alcohol Abuse and Addiction
Although the side effects of different drugs vary, the symptoms of drug or alcohol abuse are similar. If an individual is abusing alcohol or drugs, he or she may exhibit some of the following symptoms:
- Ignoring responsibilities in school, at work or at home
- Taking drugs in dangerous situations, including while driving
- Engaging in uncharacteristically risky behavior like having unprotected sex or using dirty needles while high
- Stealing to support a drug habit
- Allowing drug use to cause issues in personal relationships with family members, friends or coworkers