How to Treat Minor Illnesses and Injuries
We know that minor illnesses and injuries happen, and especially for parents, this is a part of everyday life. It can be hard to decide when to visit the doctor and when to treat at home. That's why at BHFS Medical and Behavioral Services, we are proud to offer our Plano, Flower Mound, and Carrollton, TX patients minor illness and injury treatments. Whether you're concerned about a cough, diarrhea, fever, sore throat, or something else, our team is here to help your family stay healthy. For more information on the minor illnesses and injuries we treat, contact clinical director Dr. Dwane Allen in Lewisville, TX today.
"It was a pleasure meeting Meera and Karolyn today!"- A.W. / Office Visit / Sep 08, 2021
"I 100% recommend BHFS MEDICAL & BEHAVIORAL SERVICES. From the first call talking to Meera. She listened to my concerns and assured I would be taken care of. To meeting Mrs. Karolyn Gray. Who listened to my concerns and understood what all I was going through and would make sure I get whatever help I need. I truly appreciate this clinic!"- L.D. / Google / Jul 09, 2021
"Very kind and supportive staff that take great care to ensure the best care specific to your needs. For anyone still on the fence about reaching out for support, taking the step forward with BHFS is an investment in wellbeing that will make all the difference."- R.F. / Google / Jun 08, 2021
"Overall, I have been with behavioral health for approximately 2-3 years now. I would like to acknowledge how professional, compassionate and friendly the staff is !!!"- D.A. / Google / May 26, 2021
"Excellent Team of Doctors !! I am happy to share that i found a very good doctors who are having great experience in their profession and also very kind. Thank you Dr. Dwane and team !! Regards, Kumar"- S.S. / Google / May 09, 2021
What Sort of Illnesses and Injuries Can Be Treated?
At BHFS Medical and Behavioral Services, our team offers a wide range of minor illness and injury treatments to help you get back to everyday life faster. Some of the common illnesses we treat include:
- Cough: Sometimes a cough can be treated at home, but when it doesn't seem to get better, we can diagnose and treat it.
- Fever: We can help you establish what is causing your fever and provide the correct treatment for the cause.
- Strep throat: You may suspect strep throat, but we can provide the necessary swab test to diagnose and treat strep throat.
Some of the common injuries we can treat include:
- Cuts and sutures: We can clean and close a cut by using skin glue, stitches, or sutures.
- Abscess: An abscess (large, swollen, pus-filled sore) can appear virtually anywhere on the body, but if it does not heal or a fever develops, we can provide treatment.
- Bites from animals and bugs: In the event that you or your child are bitten by an animal or notice an odd reaction to a bug bite, we can help treat the injury so you can heal properly and without infection.
Get Well Soon
At BHFS Medical and Behavioral Services, we want everyone in your family to be healthy. That's why we want you to feel like you can count on us to help diagnose and treat all of those minor illnesses and injuries you're just not sure how to treat at home. If you're wondering what sort of illnesses and injuries we can treat or would like to schedule an appointment, contact clinical director Dr. Dwane Allen at our Lewisville, TX office.