What is Women's Health?
At BHFS Medical and Behavioral Services, we are proud to offer a variety of women's health services to our community. Our physicians offer safe care for women while empowering them with the education they need to take control of their health. Early detection and preventive care are crucial to women's overall health and wellness, which is why we provide annual exams, disease screenings, family planning, and much more. Our friendly team is here for you, whatever you need. For more information or to schedule a women's health visit, contact our office today!
"Was surprised to see you guys offering suboxone treatment! I've been seeing Dr. Gray for about 2 years and have been suggesting that they integrate it into their services. I have been doing it for about a month now and I am definitely impressed by the results."- A.W. / Google / Oct 03, 2021
"I have been a patient at BHFS for about 6 months now and although their service was top notch, I wasn't seeing phenomenal improvement in myself until they started their suboxone treatment with me. I feel like I am finally the man I am supposed to be. Very grateful they added this addition to their clinic as not many clinics in my area provide this service."- J.H. / Google / Oct 02, 2021
"Friendly staff. Very kind, caring and considerate. Wanted to do their best to advocate for me and my child."- A.L. / Google / Oct 01, 2021
"The clinic was very nice! I was able to learn more about therapy. The staff is clean and just the right size to have caring conversations to develop personally. I appreciate Mrs.Gray's presence and timely help as we complete services with her assistance."- T.J. / Google / Sep 29, 2021
"I have just started counseling and am hoping for a life changing experience. It is a friendly atmosphere and my counselor assured me of success if I do my part, which I will. Looking forward to feeling human again."- G.P. / Google / Sep 28, 2021
What Women's Health Services are Offered?
Our physicians offer a number of women's health services for a variety of stages in life. Whether you're in need of a yearly gynecology exam, a breast exam, or something else, BHFS can help you meet your female healthcare needs. Below is an example of a few of the services we offer.
- Pap smear: The Pap smear tests for early signs of cervical cancer, HPV, bacterial and yeast infections, and more.
- Breast exam: Yearly breast exams are an important part of preventive care and are vitally important if you notice a growth or lump. Early detection is key in maintaining your health.
- Birth control: Our team offers a variety of birth control options to best fit your needs and lifestyle.
- HPV screenings: Annual screenings help us detect human papillomavirus in women to prevent and/or treat the development of abnormal cervical cells.
- Management of menopause: Our staff offers medical counseling for women in the beginning stages of menopause so they can get the supplements, self-care, and specialized treatment they need.
- Pelvic exam: This exam is when a physician examines a women's vagina, cervix, uterus, and ovaries, ensuring everything is healthy and in its proper place. We recommend women get this exam every three years after the age of 21.
Women's health FAQs
Can I have my annual well-woman exam here?
BHFS Medical and Behavioral Services can perform many of the same exams included in a traditional well-woman exam. Our medical staff is experienced with Pap smears and pelvic exams, breast exams, and HPV screenings to catch any issues before they become serious. These are important for your reproductive and sexual health.
How do I choose a method of birth control?
There are many factors that come into play when choosing the right birth control method. These include your age and whether you are interested in a hormone-based form of birth control. Our informed practitioners can discuss a wide range of birth control types that meet your health and lifestyle goals.
How should I prepare for my women’s health appointment?
Be sure to come prepared with a photo ID, a list of current medications, and any questions you may have before arriving at our clinic in Lewisville, TX. Generally, you don't need much preparation for a women's health appointment. You can always ask our friendly administrative staff if there's anything else you need to bring.
Prevent and Detect Early with Women's Health
Preventive care and early detection are vitally important in women's health. At BHFS Medical and Behavioral Services, our team has extensive training in women's health so we can help you manage your health and wellness for life. To schedule a women's health exam, contact our office today!