What is Women's Health?
At BHFS Medical and Behavioral Services, we are proud to offer a variety of women's health services to our Carrollton, Denton, and Plano, TX patients. Our physicians offer safe care for women while empowering them with the education they need to take control of their health. Early detection and preventive care are crucial to women's overall health and wellness, which is why we provide annual exams, disease screenings, family planning, and much more. Our friendly team is here for you, whatever you need. For more information or to schedule a women's health visit, contact clinical director Dr. Dwane Allen in Lewisville, TX today.
"It was a pleasure meeting Meera and Karolyn today!"- A.W. / Office Visit / Sep 08, 2021
"I 100% recommend BHFS MEDICAL & BEHAVIORAL SERVICES. From the first call talking to Meera. She listened to my concerns and assured I would be taken care of. To meeting Mrs. Karolyn Gray. Who listened to my concerns and understood what all I was going through and would make sure I get whatever help I need. I truly appreciate this clinic!"- L.D. / Google / Jul 09, 2021
"Very kind and supportive staff that take great care to ensure the best care specific to your needs. For anyone still on the fence about reaching out for support, taking the step forward with BHFS is an investment in wellbeing that will make all the difference."- R.F. / Google / Jun 08, 2021
"Overall, I have been with behavioral health for approximately 2-3 years now. I would like to acknowledge how professional, compassionate and friendly the staff is !!!"- D.A. / Google / May 26, 2021
"Excellent Team of Doctors !! I am happy to share that i found a very good doctors who are having great experience in their profession and also very kind. Thank you Dr. Dwane and team !! Regards, Kumar"- S.S. / Google / May 09, 2021
What Women's Health Services are Offered?
Our physicians offer a number of women's health services for a variety of stages in life. Whether you're in need of a yearly gynecology exam, a breast exam, or something else, BHFS can help you meet your female healthcare needs. Below is an example of a few of the services we offer.
- Pap smear: The Pap smear tests for early signs of cervical cancer, HPV, bacterial and yeast infections, and more.
- Breast exam: Yearly breast exams are an important part of preventive care and are vitally important if you notice a growth or lump. Early detection is key in maintaining your health.
- Birth control: Our team offers a variety of birth control options to best fit your needs and lifestyle.
- HPV screenings: Annual screenings help us detect human papillomavirus in women to prevent and/or treat the development of abnormal cervical cells.
- Management of menopause: Our staff offers medical counseling for women in the beginning stages of menopause so they can get the supplements, self-care, and specialized treatment they need.
- Pelvic exam: This exam is when a physician examines a women's vagina, cervix, uterus, and ovaries, ensuring everything is healthy and in its proper place. We recommend women get this exam every three years after the age of 21.
Prevent and Detect Early with Women's Health
Preventive care and early detection are vitally important in women's health. At BHFS Medical and Behavioral Services, our team has extensive training in women's health so we can help you manage your health and wellness for life. To schedule a women's health exam, contact clinical director Dr. Dwane Allen at our Lewisville, TX office.